During my avoidance of all things NBCOT and studying-related, I came across this gem of an article. The “35 Things You Absolutely MUST Agree Upon Before Getting Married.” Of course I am nowhere near the point of holy matrimony, but I still thought it would be fun to share this article and my answers with those who might find the article as amusing as I did.
1. Does the toilet paper go over or under the roll?
Whichever … as long as you replace it if you’re the last to use it ;)
2. Cats? Dogs? Both?
DOGS. No cats…none.
3. Can you eat breakfast for dinner?
Absolutely!! It’s one of my favorite things to do
4. Cold pizza: yes or no?
5. Is it acceptable to open presents as they arrive or do you have to wait for the actual birthday or holiday?
Patience is a virtue
6. Should the dirty forks and knives go in the dishwasher with the handle sticking out of the utensil tray or down in the utensil tray?
Knives should face down. And the rest? Who cares
7. Is it acceptable to leave dishes in the sink to “soak” overnight, or do they need to be cleaned before bed?
Let em soak
8. Toothpaste: cap on or cap off?
On … why would you leave it off?
9. Again on the toothpaste: roll it from the bottom or just squeeze really hard?
10. Are towels a one-time use item or do you use the same towel until laundry day?
If you dry your clean body with a towel why not use it more than once?
11. How about washcloths?
12. Road trip or flying?
No preference … there is fun in both!
13. What’s the right thread count for sheets?
Whichever is most comfortable
14. What brand of toilet paper?
15. Mayo or Miracle Whip?
Neither! UGH I hate both - empty calories.
16. Pepsi or Coke?
Pepsi…but I’ll drink Coke.
17. Can you eat the holiday candy out in the display bowl or must it be left there for display?
18. What is YOUR definition of camping?
HA. Well, I’ve been camping once. In a 2 bedroom tent. On an air mattress. With access to an air conditioned toilet and shower. Soo…
But I would be up to trying it differently.
19. Turn the thermostat down when you go out or leave it alone?
Would be ideal to turn it down
20. At what point is a garbage bag too full to stuff more trash in it?
When you know you won’t be able to tie it
21. How many times is it acceptable to hit the snooze button?
I’d say 3 or 4
22. Thrift store shopping: great deals or gross?
23. How far in advance is it OK to plan a vacation?
A few months
24. Restaurant reservations: necessary or too restrictive?
Too restrictive - unless it is somewhere special
25. Roller coasters: love ‘em or hate ‘em?
Love ‘em AND hate ‘em. Terrible vestibular system=motion sickness
26. More chocolate chips, less cookie or more cookie, less chips?
More chocolate chips
27. How much orange juice must be left in the container for it to be returned to the fridge?
Does it matter?
28. Chip clips or just roll the bag up?
29. Call the doctor or just take some medicine at home?
30. Where is the prime location for the TV remote to stay?
Coffee table or near the TV
31. Is it OK to have a TV in the bedroom?
32. Should folded clothes be put away, or is it OK to just pull as needed from the basket of clean laundry?
Put them away, lazy
33. Do you need to write a grocery list or just wait until you’re walking around the store to figure out what you need?
34. Making the bed: must-do or waste of time because you’re just going to get back in it?
It should be done, but let’s face it - sometimes it doesn’t happen
35. Is it OK to shave/clip toenails in the living room?
Why would you want to?